Most iPhone owners know the grievance of its less than impressive battery life and insufficient storage space. Mophie is determined to solve this problem. A popular brand choice for smartphone users looking to increase the battery life of their phone, Mophie has launched a meaner, more badass version of their Juice Pack. This time, Mophie’s iPhone charger not only boosts your battery life, it also gives you more storage space for your photos, videos and music.
What it does:
The Space Pack by Mophie is a battery pack designed to not only double your iPhone’s battery life but also adds up to 32GBs of extra storage space. The charging pack works like any other Mophie Juice Pack, neatly slipping around your iPhone and lighting up to let you know how much battery is left. In order to use the Space Pack, you will need to download the accompanying free “Space” app to manage and organise everything you put in your Space Pack. Files are kept on the Space Pack like a hard drive and can be shared via AirDrop, AirPlay, e-mail, Facebook, Twitter etc. Transferring files from your computer to your Space Pack or vice versa is easy, just connect the Space Pack to your computer via a micro USB cable and drag and drop the files you want. You don’t need to worry about security; data on the Space Pack can be passcode protected.
What we love:
- The design of the Space Pack is just like the previous Mophie devices: simple, elegant and easy to use.
- You can choose between 16GB or 32GB of extra space.
- With a battery capacity of 1,700mAh, you get up to 8 hours talk time, 10 hours video playback and 40 hours music playback.
What could be better:
- The Space Pack can only be used with an iPhone 5/5s running iOS7.
- Currently the Space Pack only comes in two colours (black or white).
The 16GB Space Pack costs US$149.95 and the 32GB version costs US$179.95 not including shipping.
Where to buy?
You can pre-order a Space Pack today from Mophie’s official website. Devices will start shipping in March.