Hong Kong is such a busy and bustling city. With so many things to do, traffic to sit through, crowds to push through and all that noise to handle, it’s very easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed out. Want to meditate ? We have an app now that teaches you how to clear your head and meditate and its called Headspace
What it does:
The app provides you with 10 minute meditation sessions lasting ten days. Each day the app guides you through a series of meditation techniques and tracks your progress, letting you know how much of the Take Ten programme you’ve completed and how many days of your free trial are left. When you launch the app you will be asked to sign up with your email address and if you want to download future meditations for offline use, just tap the download section and choose which day you want to download. According to Headspace, research has shown that taking just a few minutes out of each day to meditate greatly affects the well-being of your body, decreasing your stress and elevating your mood. Whether you want to overcome anxiety, gain some focus or just get some sleep, Headspace is the perfect app to guide you to a happier and healthier life.
What we love?
- Both the app and the website are beautifully designed and very user friendly.
- Each meditation calmly guides you through the process so you can make sure you’re doing the exercise right.
- The narrator of the meditation guide (Headspace creator Andy Puddicombe) has a calming voice which helps you relax.
- Each video includes cute little animations that help make understanding meditation easier.
- You can set up reminders in the app so you don’t forget to do your daily meditation.
What could be better?
- For some reason the videos can’t be watched in landscape mode so it’s quite small.
- You have to sign up after the second session in order to use the rest of the programme.
Headspace is absolutely free for the first ten days and then you’ll need to pay a monthly subscription of £3.74.
Where to download?