Poly Auction, one of China’s largest auction house will be holding their 10th anniversary auction at the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong . The auction will take place from 5-6 October with previews held from 3-4 October. Over 2000 pieces of rare Chinese art works will go on sale in the following categories: Chinese and Contemporary Art, Contemporary Chinese Ink Paintings, Classical Chinese Paintings and Calligraphy, Fine Modern Chinese Paintings and Calligraphy, Chinese Ceramics, Jewellery and Watches, and Chinese and Western Wine.
- Sanyu’s Roses in a White Pitcher, 1929, oil on canvas, an early important piece that marks the cornerstone of Sanyu’s popular flower series.
- Chu Teh-Chuns’ Subtilité Hivernale, 1985, a stunning important first piece from snow scenery series, which combines poetry, writing and drawing and observes the coming of spring.
- A Glance of Nanjing by Feng Ning. A 10meter long scroll which was displayed in imperial palaces from the Qing Dynasty. It is one of the few surviving treasures from this period.
- Zhang Daqian Sailing by Mountains, ink and colour on gold paper.
- Custom-made and limited edition of Hermès handbags with an estimated sale of HK$200,000.
Poly Auction will also present the works of Zhang Peili, Geng Jianyi, Gu Wenda, Mao Xuhui, and Yu Youhan to mark the 30th anniversary of 85 Art Movement, an avant garde movement which established the structure of contemporary art in China.
Poly Auction 2015 Autumn Auctions
Auction Date: 5th-6th October
Preview Date: 3rd-4th October
Location: Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, 1 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.