What is better suited for the sizzling Hong Kong summer than sheer fabrics?
Here’s the low down on how to pull off the sheer look.
Let’s take a look at what’s spotted on the runway? This is a trend that looks set to carry on till fall. Layer it up with different textures a la 3.1 Phillip Lim. Alexander McQueen mixes sheer and lace to great effects. Chiffon blouses are de rigueur these days and Chloé makes it interesting with colour blocking. Christian Dior does Grecian elegance splendidly.
Nothing beats a sheer maxi in the summer, lets just give it to Helmut Lang for the best slit maxis, it is truly impossible to pick between their printed dress or maxi skirt.
- Rare Lace Trim Chiffon Shirt from ASOS HKD$567.32
- Zara Combined lace top HKD$149
- H&M Lace sleeveless blouse HKD$249
- H&M Chiffon blouse HKD$199
- Helmut Lang Slit front printed dress HKD$8100
- Helmut Lang Printed slit-cut maxi skirt HKD$2900
Where to buy?
- Lane Crawford, ifc Mall, Podium 3, ifc mall, 8 Finance Street, Central
- Lane Crawford, 3 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
- Lane Crawford Online Store
- Zara, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- H&M, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- ASOS online store
By Nathalie Lun