Try a new print trend for Spring/ Summer 2o12.
Animal, digital, skulls, what other prints can we sport? This spring give the scarf print a go. We saw a lot of scarf prints translated onto frocks on the runway – whether it is bright, pastel or dark gothic, it is all about symmetry.
Known for their elaborate prints, Etro sent beachy halter neck dresses embodying scarves down the runway. Derek Lam took magnified scarf prints with bright colours and a western twist. A breath of fresh air away from the house’s usual opulence, Donatella Versace opted for dreamy pastels. At D&G it was a sporty spectacle of gold, sapphire and emerald in a mix of swimwear and poolside gear.
- This Givenchy Printed Satin Evening Clutch (HK$ 8,600) featuring exotic flowers is something special.
- A light jacket is a must for spring – Zara Scarf Printed (HK$999).
- Be handsome with this dandyish Scarf Print Shirt (HK$599) from Zara.
- A youthful River Island Scarf Print Dress (HKD$ 398.10) from ASOS.
- This Printed Silk Square Tote (HK$3500) is totes amaze from the king of retro prints, Marni.
- Fashionistas just can’t get enough of the gothic and edgy Givenchy flowers – Orchid-Print Tank Top (HK$6590).
Where to buy?
- Lane Crawford, ifc Mall, Podium 3, ifc mall, 8 Finance Street, Central
- Lane Crawford, 3 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
- Lane Crawford Online Store
- Zara, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- ASOS Online Store