Bring back the accentuated waistline with peplum this spring.
This frilly piece of overskirt used to be a protective garment for underlying clothing; nowadays the peplum serves purely as a decorative fabric. Celebrate this spring with cinched waist and lavish girliness. Length is key: demure at the knee.
Tropical prints and florals aside, Peter Pilotto embraced the peplum with futuristic shapes. In Alber Elbaz’s hands, the house of Lanvin took a structural and refined turn with sharp jewel hues. We saw big frilled skirts and full on sweetness at Jason Wu, whereas Giles by Giles Deacon had a modest suit in camel.
- A perfect day to night dress by alice + olivia Hilly peplum dress HK$3500
- Girly but edgy at the same time – Thomas Wylde Belted peplum top HK$14200
Zara offers a wide selection of peplum dresses and skirts
- Zara Dress with frill at the waist HK$899
- Zara pencil skirt with frill HK$599
- Zara Dress with frill at the hip HK$699
- Light jackets are perfect for spring in Hong Kong – ASOS Collection Peplum Jacket HK$475.11
Where to buy?
– Lane Crawford, ifc Mall, Podium 3, ifc mall, 8 Finance Street, Central
– Lane Crawford, 3 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
– Lane Crawford Online Store
– Zara, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong
– ASOS Online Store
By Nathalie Lun