Go maximalist with big, bold chunky chokers. We’ve witnessed and experimented on ourselves just how accessories can complete and elevate even the most plain, old outfit. So naturally, we think it’s a sartorial crime to leave an outfit absolutely bare without some sort of accessorising. Judging from the 2014 resort collections of late (Chanel, Balmain and Givenchy for instance), chunky chokers are the new jewellery must-have for the upcoming season.
Our current obsessions are the heavy-duty ones that come with thick-set metal chains or the, in our opinion, super glam modern, sculptural types. If bling is your thing, there are chokers embellished with eye-catching crystals, gems, rhinestones or baubles, which are perfect for a fancy evening fete or soirée.
Still, how you wear your chunky choker counts. You can either choose one that complements and picks up colours on your outfit. Or, shake up your style rules and team it with a bold blouse (this can be printed or brightly coloured in solid hues) for that unexpected burst of fun and quirkiness.
We share some statement-making picks here:
1. Accessorize mega chunky bobble necklace, HK$240.45 (after conversion) – www.accessorize.com
2. Dannijo eva necklace, HK$6,347.90 – www.shopbop.com
3. Noir Jewelry gold-plated rope necklace, HK$1,090.14 (after conversion) – www.outnet.com
4. Mango stones matte choker, HK$339 – www.shop.mango.com
5. H&M wide necklace, HK$349 – available at H&M stores
6. Lulu Frost crystal and faux pearl necklace, HK$1,445.45 – www.theoutnet.com
7. Touch crystals and pearly beads necklace, HK$599 – www.shop.mango.com
8. Robert Lee Morris soho sculptural v & brown leather collar necklace, HK$ 1,295.03 – www.bloomingdales.com