We know what you’re thinking: “FINALLY!”
After a whopping 10 years wowing audiences in London’s West End, the musical Wicked will debut in Hong Kong on 8 December, playing till 22 January, with no further extension possible. Considered one of the greatest and most successful musicals of our times, Wicked has been seen by over 50 million theatregoers and boasts over 5000 performances to date since it premiered in October 2003.
For the uninitiated (where have you been?!) Wicked is a magical story of friendship, love and the rite of passage of two sorcery students. Best-selling author Gregory Maguire wrote the book Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West’ based on his re-imagination of the stories and characters from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
Wicked tells the story of how two best friends came to fulfil their destinies as the characters you’d probably know them best as: Glinda The Good and the Wicked Witch of the West. The book was adapted for the stage by Winnie Holzman and brought to musical glory by award-winning talent including multi Grammy® and Academy® Award-winner Stephen Schwartz (Disney’s Pocahontas and The Hunchback of Notre Dame).
Wicked Ticket Giveaway
We have two pairs of A-Reserve tickets worth HK$895 each to give away to our readers. The tickets are for 14 December performance. For your chance to win, tell us when Wicked will open in Hong Kong and enter name and email of person whom you would like to introduce Butterboom to:
- Tell us when Wicked will open in the comment box below
- Email us your name and the name and email of a friend you would like to introduce to Butterboom
- Send a screenshot of your comment to firstname.lastname@example.org to win a pair of tickets
- Competition closes on 4 November, 12 noon and winners will be contacted by email
Where to Buy Tickets
- Ticket Prices: Standard Ticket Prices:$1,295 (Orchestra Package), $1,095 (VIP), $895 (A Reserve), $595 (B Reserve), $445 (C Reserve)
- Performance Dates: from 8 December 2016 to 22 January 2017
- Performance Time: 7.45pm Tue- Fri, 2pm and 7.45pm Sat, 1pm and 6pm Sunday
- Venue: Lyric Theatre, Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
- Where to buy tickets: HK Ticketing hotline: 31 288 288, www.hkticketing.com
Ticket prices are exclusive of HK Ticketing service charge and courier fees