Catch 14 amazing movies to awaken your flesh, mind and spirit.
The reconfigured Prada Transformer in Seoul, Korea, is set to unveil a new cinema stage come June 27, 2009. To celebrate this historic occasion, audiences can catch “Flesh,Mind and Spirit”, a special cinema program brought about by the collaboration of multi-nominated Oscar director Alejandro González Iñárritu and famed cinema-critic Elvis Mitchell.
The collaboration brings about 14 outstanding cinematic masterpieces made by various influential and uncompromising filmmakers. Aimed to move the flesh, mind and spirit, expect to see movies that are truly outstanding, and have served as personal inspiration to Alejandro González Iñárritu. It will be the first time many of these movies will be shown in Korea.
Starting on June 27, audiences can catch a different movie each day for a span of two weeks. Movies will be shown three times daily, with Korean and English subtitles.The following movies will be shown:
- “Ordet” by Karl Dreyer (1955)
- “Last year at Marienbad” by Alain Resnais (1961)
- “I am Cuba” by Mikhail Kalatozov (1964)
- “Fists in the Pocket” by Marco Bellocchio (1965)
- “Aguirre, the Wrath of God” by Werner Herzog (1972)
- “Seasons of the Year” by Artavazd Peleshian (1975)
- “Killer of Sheep” by Charles Burnett (1977)
- “Padre Padrone” by Paolo and Vittorio Taviani (1977)
- “Yol” by Serif Gören (1982)
- “Mother and Son” by Aleksandr Sokurov (1997)
- “La Ciénaga” by Lucrecia Martel (2001)
- “Silent Light” by Carlos Reygadas (2007)
- “You, the Living” by Roy Andersson (2007)
- “The Good, the Bad and the Weird” by Jiwoon Kim (2008)
If you find yourself in Korea on these dates, this is the perfect opportunity to take part in a unique cinematic experience.