Michael Roberts take the Snowman to Africa with Gucci.
For the 5th Anniversary of Gucci Campaign to Benefit UNICEF, Gucci collaborates with author and illustrator, Michael Roberts,on his second book, “Snowman in Africa”. The new book, titled Snowman in Africa, will be exclusively on sale in Gucci stores and on Gucci.com from November 16-December 31, 2009 with a retail price of HKD 195. All proceeds of the book goes to UNICEF in support of the 2.3 million children who have been orphaned by AIDS in South Africa.
As part of the collaboration, there is an exclusive Gucci accessories line including two great tote bags, key chain charms and small leather pouches featuring Michael Roberts’ bold and playful illustrations from the book. The two medium sized Gucci Joy handbags feature Roberts’ distinctive and whimsical illustrations in a rich appliqué version and a sportier print version. 25% of proceeds from the accessories line goes to UNICEF.
We are in love with the bronze Gucci Joy Handbag featuring the playful visuals of the red and yellow snake coiled around the Snowman in the heart of the jungle. It makes for a great collectible bag/art piece.
- Gucci Joy boston bag in leather -Snowman HK$19,800
- Gucci Joy boston bag in waterproof coated canvas HK$5800
Where to buy?
- Shop G23-30, The Landmark, Central. Hong Kong. Tel: 2524 4492
- Shop G104-5, Lee Gardens Two, 28 Yun Ping Road, Causeway Bay. Hong Kong. Tel: 2576 6918
- Shop G124, Harbour City, 7 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui. Hong Kong. Tel: 2199 7728