Alexander Wang‘s new fragrance for Balenciaga called B.Balenciaga is now available in Hong Kong. Wang who became Creative Director of Balenciaga in December 2012 has taken time to soul search, immerse himself with the brand’s heritage, essence and identity to create a fragrance that blends with his own contemporary sensibility. A monumental task as Cristóbal Balenciaga’s fragrances have set a high standard and remains well known many years after they’ve been created like the Cialenga and Prélude.
The result is a fragrance that is both mysterious and feminine, an intriguing study in contrast that is fresh and alluring. B.Balenciaga can be described as a “green woody” fragrance with top notes of lily of valley bell, violet green leaves accord, green edamame, heard of iris root and cedarwood set against a base of ambrette seeds and cashmeran wood. The fragrance comes in an architectural modern bottle that looks like cracked, frosted glass, inspired by the marble floors at Balenciaga’s original salon at 10 Avenue George V Paris salon.
Classically beautiful model Anna Ewers portrays the fragrance well as the visual of her with the veal on her face makes an intimate and confident statement about the Balenciaga women, one that is enigmatic, sensual and intriguing.
- B. Balenciaga Eau de Parfum 30ML HK$605
- B. Balenciaga Eau de Parfum 50ML HK$860
- B. Balenciaga Eau de Parfum 75ML HK$1,075
- B. Balenciaga Shower Gel 200ML HK$425
- B. Balenciaga Body Lotion 200ML HK$530
Where to buy?
- Lane Crawford at Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay
- Lane Crawford at 3 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
- Harvey Nichols at The Landmark, 15 Queen’s Road Central
- Harvey Nichols at Pacific Place,88 Queensway, Admiralty
- Sogo at 555 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay
- Beauty Avenue, 8 Argyle Street, Mongkok