Ever get up in the morning wishing someone had already set your kettle to boil? Ok, it’s a first world problem but if there’s a gadget out there that can make your life just that much easier, so why not? Say hello to iKettle, the world’s first Wi-Fi kettle that can be controlled from your phone.
What it does:
Its a remote control kettle! So long as you have it topped up with water, tap and heat up your water with iKettle. Download the app control your kettle from anywhere in the house! The app will notify you when the water is boiled so you don’t need to sit around waiting for water to boil! It comes with an alarm function that will wake you up asking whether you want your water boiled. Likewise, you can set it so it will welcome you home from work with the same question.
It may seem like a fun gadget to have but as a Christmas gift for that person who loves gadget this could be something cool they never thought of, think of the conversations and bragging rights! Now if only we can have a Wi-Fi cat feeding, door lock and taxi driver app that would show up when we need them!
What we love:
- The set-up for the app is easy and quick.
- The kettle includes four different temperature settings so you can boil your green tea at 80 degrees and your coffee at 95 degrees.
- It has a keep warm feature that ensures your water is still nice and warm for when you make your drink.
- Its super easy to clean with only one removable filter and no other internal bits and bobs.
- The design of the kettle is sleek and beautiful.
- It only works when you have water in the kettle so you don’t need to worry about burning your house down when you’re not home or when you’re sleeping.
Room for improvement:
- At HK$1250 it can be quite expensive for a kettle if you think about how much it costs at Japan Store, less than HK$500 so make it cheaper!
The iKettle costs £99.99 / HK$1251 not including shipping fees.
Where to buy?
Pre-order yourself an iKettle by visiting the Firebox website. It should arrive within 2-4 weeks.