At the recent Apple’s annual fall product launch on 9th September, Apple announced upgrades to the iPhone 6s and 6 Plus, iPad and Apple TV. Sorry no iPhone 7 yet…So what’s new with the iPhone 6 besides the expected new operating system upgrade to iOS9 and the new rose colour version?
Here are key features you need to know about Apple’s new phones:
- 3D touch – the 3D touch gives you two ways to view the content on your phone. A light touch on the screen will let you preview image, website or itinerary. Press harder for access actionable shortcuts on email, sites and apps (press camera icon to take a selfie, photo or record videos).
- Live Photos -combines a series of photos to create a GIF-like effect when you hold down an image. It add movement and sound to pictures and looks like a short video but it will be saved as a picture file saving memory space.
- Speed – The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus come with the new A9 chip. This means that it is now 70 percent faster at CPU tasks and 90 percent faster for graphic tasks than the previous model.
- New “Hey Siri” integration – that lets you speak a prompt to bring up Siri instead of holding down the home button.
- Upgraded camera– Apple have upgraded their camera (including the video camera) so now we can take even clearer and better quality pictures and videos.
- Front Camera– the front camera has been upgraded from 1.2MP to 5MP and comes with a flash so you don’t have to worry about taking selfies in low lights! Pictures will look more natural no matter the light conditions.
The new iPhone 6s and 6 Plus looks identical to the iPhone6 but is double the weight because of the new stronger glass (the strongest in the market) and the new aluminum alloy for an even more gorgeous metallic finish.
So what’s the verdict? Should you upgrade to the new phone or not? Well unless you really want to get the rose gold phone, and can’t wait to use all the features, there’s really no big reason to upgrade if you already own an iPhone 6.
The phones will be available in stores from 25th September 2015, but you can pre-order online for pick up on release date. The iPhone 6s costs HK$5588 and the 6s Plus costs HK$6388.
Where? Shop 1100-1103, ifc mall, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong. Tel: 3972 1500 www.apple.com/hk