Finally an app from a fashion brand that has useful content and not just a lookbook or ecommerce app. The Hermès Silk Knots app is a great new app that teaches you how to be fun and creative with your scarves. Yes and all the models wear Herme’s scarf on the app but if you’re like us only know how to wear our scarf one way- around our neck, this is a pretty useful app to download.
What it does:
Silk Knots is a free iOS app by Hermès that provides the user with many creative and chic ways to tie the French brand’s iconic silk scarf. The app offers step-by-step video tutorials and photos to help you master the art of scarf tying and encourages users to upload photos of their experience to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. In addition to knot tying, the app also features a section where you can browse the highlights of the new Autumn/Winter collection.
What we love:
- The app design is simple, beautiful and easy to use.
- It currently has 20 Hermès knotting cards and with more to come each season.
- It not only teaches you how to wear your scarf, but also includes tutorials on making your scarf useful such as turning it into a bag.
What could be better:
- The app is still relatively new so there are some bugs, but these should be sorted out soon.
- The app only has six video tutorials which will hopefully be expanded through later updates.
The Hermès Silk Knots app is free to download.
Where to download?
You can download it from the iTunes Store here.