Feel like having your mind blown? Try adding a little depth to your photos with Seene, the free iPhone app that lets you take 3D pictures. Yeah that’s right. 3D pictures. From your phone. For free. Nowadays you can find tons of photo-taking apps but none are quite like this.
What it does:
Seene creates 3D images using the iPhone’s rear camera by capturing a series of photos from different angles and stitching them together. Using the accelerometer and gyroscope built into the iPhone, the app maps the subject with a series of dots that measure the overall distance and depth. Capturing your photo is simple. When you’ve chosen your subject, tap the capture button to take a picture. You then need to hold your iPhone steady and pan slightly to the left, right, up and down. Once you’ve done that, your completed 3D image will be ready to view and you can choose to share it to Facebook, Twitter or Seene.
What we love:
- It actually works.
- It’s very easy to use.
- Setup is fast.
- The 3D effect in the photo is very realistic.
What could be better:
- You need to be in a well-lit area and have a very steady hand or the picture won’t turn out so well.
- You need to try a couple times to get the perfect image which can be a little frustrating.
- There are limitations to how much of your subject you can capture.
- You need to create an account with Seene to use the app.
The app is free.
Where to download?
Seene is available to download from the iTunes App Store.