We live in a world where you pretty much need a password for everything you want to keep safe. Thanks to the founders of Knock, there’s now an easier way to keep your expensive Mac safe without having to remember yet another password.
What it does:
Knock lets you unlock your Mac in the simplest way possible: just give your phone two light thumps. Simply download the Mac app and the accompanying iPhone app and pair them together. The app makes use of Low Energy Bluetooth (compatible with most new Macs and iPhones) so you don’t need to turn your phone on to use the app and it won’t waste any of its battery. When your iPhone senses you’re close to your Mac, the app will become usable, similarly, if your iPhone moves out of range, your computer will automatically lock behind you.
What we love:
- Set up is quick and easy.
- The design of the app makes it very simple to use.
- The action of unlocking your Mac is very fast.
What could be better:
- It’s only available on iPhones.
- You can only use it with one Mac.
- To use the app, you’ll need to have a Macbook and iPhone that supports Bluetooth Low Energy.
The app costs HK$28.
Where to buy?