Looking to redesign your living space but just can’t find a way to get started? Forget about paying thousands of dollars for an interior designer, just download Homestyler, the app that lets you decorate and remodel your home for free!
What it does:
The Homestyler app by Autodesk is a brilliant and essential tool for anyone looking to redecorate. Available for free on computers, tablets and phones, the app gives you an easy and efficient way to remodel your home or office from just one photo. Simply take a picture of the space you want to work on and use the furniture and accessory marketplace to furnish your home with 3D models. The app will then make a fully functioning floor plan of your room and from there you can change pretty much anything you want. To make it all even more accurate, you can input the exact measurements of your room and your furniture, which can be super handy for those who want to buy a new sofa or table but are not sure whether it will actually fit in the house. If you run out of inspiration, have a look at the 3D Design Stream where you can browse through thousands of homes and redesign them to suit your own style.
What we love:
- It’s very realistic; you can create an almost identical layout of your room.
- It aligns with real world scales so you can be accurate in determining whether your furniture will fit in a certain spot.
- The app includes a Professional Index where you can find information for hundreds of architects, designers, decorators and more.
- You can browse through the photo gallery and like or comment on the designs.
- The app also includes a magazine section, offering tips, and reporting current trends in home design.
What could be better:
- The controls for decorating can be a bit fiddly, (especially for those with bigger hands) jumping from hypersensitive to non-responsive.
- At the moment it only has US brands for furniture.
- You need an online connection to use the app.
The app is free.
Where to download?