New dating app, Paktor from Singapore launches in Hong Kong. If you think the current dating sites in Hong Kong suck. Especially if you are keen on filling up those painfully long required detailed profile about yourself or read other’s long-winded profiles others are forced to put-up, try new mobile app – Paktor. To launch their app, Paktor conducted a survey on the dating scene in Hong Kong and not surprising found that Hong Kongers are busy people and finding the one in this city is not easy.. hence the problem they are solving is an app that aims to make dating easier and more efficient. Paktor polled 500 men and women in Hong Kong and 46% say that hectic working lifestyles make it harder to find a date in the city, a third of women say they don’t have enough opportunities to meet potential partners and 28% of all respondents feel that they’re not good-looking enough. (Ladies, being confident is an attractive trait!)
Paktor (which means “going on a date” in Hokkien) aims to facilitate dating by matching you only with people you think are attractive with their option to “like” a person anonymously, based on their facebook pics. The app is very similar to ‘Tinder’ in its function, it’s locks onto your location and finds all the people (men and women) on Paktor within your vicinity. Their selected Facebook pics will show up and you simply swipe left if you don’t like what you see and swipe right if you do. When someone you’ve “liked” happens to “like” you too, you will receive a notification and a chat window will appear so you can start chatting.
What we love:
- Because profiles are connected with Facebook, there’s less risk of people creating fake accounts so you know who they are.
- The chat function is only available when someone you “like” “likes” back so that takes away the hassle of dealing with a bunch of duds.
- The design of the app is simple and makes match-ups more efficient.
- If you like someone, they won’t know unless they like you back so you can confidently express your interest without worrying about being rejected.
- It’s free and you don’t have to fill up those pesky long detailed profile about yourself!
What could be better:
- You can’t search people through their user ID.
- You can only connect through Facebook so your profile picture on Paktor will be whatever profile picture you have on Facebook.
Where to download?