We were literally inside a construction site 2 weeks ago with some behind the scenes information, now the Shanghai Tang Mansion is open and ready to make its mark on the Hong Kong luxury shopping scene.
With a click of the mouse, we’ll take you through a photo tour of the amazing new 4-level retail destination:
The Shanghai Tang Mansion took 9 months from planning to launch and even though its on a street not populated with a lot of shops it is quite literally across the street from The Mandarin Landmark hotel and Gucci – so while its not outside the Central MTR anymore its definitely a lot closer than the Star Ferry.
When you walk in, it feels massive – the ceilings are huge, the chandelier is gorgeous and while you know you are walking into a Shanghai Tang store, it has a “grandiose” feel to it that the brand can really convey in this new location.
A lot of what we said during our preview tour still rings true: it’s brighter, spacious and feels like a great place to shop with your girlfriends as well as taking your out-of-town friends to check out:
…Sections fully fitted and stocked, and we can describe the one major advantage over the Pedder store: it’s brighter! The whole design of the shop feels more modern, like something you’d find in New York City or London.
…we can still see that the new Shanghai Tang Mansion will be a flagship store other brands will check out to see how it’s done. A true retail destination that doesn’t have to be on the main street to attract shoppers and buzz.
Only the retail floors are open – what looks to be a massive restaurant and bar on the 4th floor is said to be open in the Fall.
- The dressing rooms have hand-painted, embroidered wallpaper.
- There is a children’s section complete with giant yellow dressing room.
- The tailoring section is still there and expanded.
- You can reach the higher floors by stairs or by lift.
- There are some exclusive to the mansion merchandise not available in other ST stores, like Shanghai Tang bicycles!
The Shanghai Tang Mansion is now open at 1 Duddell Street, Central.
- Tel: +852 2525 7333
- Opening Hours: Mon to Sat 10.30am – 8pm
- Sunday and public holidays 11am – 7pm