One of the most anticipated store to launch in Hong Kong.
Here’s a sneak peak at the Apple store that’s opening tomorrow, Saturday, September 24 at 9am.
The 2 floor store at the IFC Mall in Central are a testament to the creativity at Apple’s retail division – while Tim Cook, Jonny Ive and Steve Jobs devise the newest products – the masterminds behind the retail experience – have finally brought their amazing store to Hong Kong.
We love that the staff gave the first visitors to the store a warm round of applause and cheering – its customary to all their launch events!
Quick points on services you can expect from the Apple Store:
- The Genius Bar is situated on the second floor with the biggest display of demo units of iPods, iPads, iPhones and more are all on the first floor separated by an amazing glass staircase indicative of Apple’s design quality and excellence.
- Apple has hired 300 employees to work at the new Apple Store – with the majority of the staff are local Hong Kong people and almost all the staff are trilingual: English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- The floating Genius Bar is the largest in Asia – this means that all geniuses have iPad’s and can move anywhere inside the store.
- All Mac’s will be fixed on site within 24 Hours!
- They also have cash tills built-in almost every display table so you don’t need to walk across the massive store to the cashier area. Your receipt can still be emailed to as well.
- While the accessories area is well stocked we noticed a few things missing like iPad stylus’ and a better selection of iPod/iPhone headphones/earphones.
- The One on One plan is HK$768 a year and allows you unlimited access to in-store classes on iWorks and iLife software like Keynote, iPhoto, iMovie and more – if you are an Apple user and you don’t know how to use these amazing pieces of software – or you want to buy a gift for the Apple fan in your life but they have everything – this is what you need!
- You can book Genius Bar appointments online right now. We booked for Monday to see if we can stump them! Tip: if you want to jump the queues starting Sunday (after launch day) we suggest you book a Genius Bar appointment and enter through the 2 entrances on the second floor.
- IFC Mall,
- 1 Harbour View Street
- Central, Hong Kong
- Hours Monday to Sunday: 8am-9pm