Leading French auction house, Artcurial is set to hold their first auction in Hong Kong. The auction is scheduled for the 5th and 6th October 2015 and is organized by Isabelle Bresset, Director of Artcurial. A preview will be held from 2nd to 5th October 2015 in Hong Kong so that bidders can take a look at the artwork before bidding. The auction will offer Furniture and Decorative Arts, Modern Art, Contemporary Art, Collector’s Car and Twentieth century Decorative Arts and Art de Vivre.
Highlight auction items include:
- A 19th century golden cup from the collection of Count Nicolas Demidov (estimate: HK$700,000 – 1,000,000). Nicolas was heir to a Russian dynasty of industrialists, the 19th century diplomat was sent on assignments to Paris under Napoleon 1st and then as ambassador of Russia to the Tuscan court.
- Renoir’s A Portrait of Edmond Renoir Junior, dating from 1888 and formerly in the Gaffé Collection (estimate : HK$8,000,000 – 12,000,000).
- Chagall’s striking Parade au village, painted in 1964 (estimate : HK$13,000,000 – 18,000,000).
- Picasso’s sarcastic Buste de femme executed in 1967 (estimate : HK$20,000,000 – 30,000,000).
- Timonier (2000) by Yan Pei-Ming (estimate : HK$2,000,000 – 3,000,000)
- Untitled 15 (2007) by Wang Yan Cheng (estimate : HK$ 600,000 – 800,000).
- Mercedes Benz 300 SL Roadster equipped with its hard-top which has belonged to the same owner for the past 48 years (estimate : HK$10,000,000 – 15,000,000).
Exhibition in Hong Kong
Date: Friday 2nd October 2015 To Monday 5th October 2015
Venue: 210-218 Hollywood Road Hong Kong