Axelle Mathery is the CEO of Cosmoparis, a Parisian shoe label that was founded in 2008 aimed at providing quality fashionable shoes for chic women. Cosmoparis’s shoes takes their fashion cues from the runway each season and made with the sensibility of what women want to wear with their outfits with an added rock & roll elegance. They offer a range of style from ballerina flats to statement stiletto heels. They also offer customisation for some of their shoe designs where you can change the toe shape, heel height, colour and material.
Axelle Mathery was in town for the opening of the Pacific Place boutique. She was formerly at high-end department store Printemps before joining Cosmoparis in 2008 as CEO. Axelle shares with us what her favourite shopping places in France.
As the CEO of your company, what is your typical work day like?
Before working as a CEO, I am a mother of 3 children so I really have 2 jobs! My day starts with a coffee at 9 and an analysis of the turnover of the previous day. Then go for meeting with my design and sales team. I get a quick lunch outside the office close to our shop to feel the mood and spirit of our customers and then have my meetings with the communication and marketing team in the afternoon.
Top 4 qualities and characteristics to be successful in the business of fashion
Top 5 passions in life
- My children
Impoliteness and vulgarity
Describe the Cosmoparis brand in 1 sentence
Parisian Fashion brand for feminine woman
Why does Cosmoparis customer love about the label?
- Amazing quality at affordable price, all our shoes are made with 100% Italian Leather (upper/sole/in sole). We offer up to date fashion styles and also a timeless collection with our pumps where we introduce new colours each season.
My favourite places to shop in Paris
- Ines de la Fressange Paris Store at 24 Rue de Grenelle, 75007 Paris
- & Other Stories at 277 Rue Saint Honoré
- Episode / Vintage Clothers at 12 – 16 rue Tiquetonne, 75002 Paris
- Marc Le Bihan / Sunglasses at 22 and 39 rue Etienne Marcel, 75002 Paris
- Passage des créateurs at 145 Rue Saint-Denis – Passage du Grand Cerf
Top 5 fashion industry website you read regularly