Marks & Spencer’s bring together some of Britain’s Leading Ladies for a massive campaign that celebrates their diverse backgrounds and professions. Shot by fashion photographer, Annie Leibovitz, the campaign features 10 women all of which were chosen for their personal style and inspirational achievements.
The list includes Helen Mirren, Olympian Nicola Adams, creative director of Vogue Grace Coddington, author Monica Ali, Ellie Goulding, artist Tracey Emin, Laura Mvula, Karen Elson, nurse of the year 2011 Helen Allen, and burn survivor Katie Piper. The photos were taken against quintessentially British backdrop including the iconic River Thames in London.
Each leading lady is dressed in M&S’s outfit of course with key items from the new autumn collection which features luxe fabrics of soft faux furs and animal prints, clean silhouettes and subtle tones. The Fall/ Winter 2013 M&S collection will hit stores on 26th September in Hong Kong.
Marks & Spencer’s Interview with Helen Mirren
- As an actress, you put on costumes and become a character. Does it happen in real life if you dress in a certain way, does it give you confidence to be the public Helen?
Yes. If you’re wearing something that fits well and comfortable, it’s nothing like that. So wear something that is gorgeous and comfortable.
- To many women, you are an icon, can’t get old in a beautifully glamorous and natural way, are you being occupied at all with fashion or clothes?
I love fashion, I love the art of fashion. But I don’t look into the models of high fashion. You can’t just put anything on it. I like to mix classic pieces – and that’s where M&S is so brilliant – with pieces from other stores and second hand clothes stores.
- M&S has been a constant part of life to many of us, what about you?
M&S has been completely a part of my life, when I was 13 I remember seeing a bathing suit in M&S that I so wanted and I saved up my money, week after week and I bought it and thought I was the bees knees in my M&S bathing suit!
- Do you have any tips on how to be comfortable with yourself as a woman?
My head mistress told me not to be afraid. Fear is one of the most destructive things in human existence. If you do feel frightened, nervous or insecure, act as if you’re not. Just pretend to yourself. It kind of works!
Where to buy?
- 1/F, Central Tower, 22 – 28 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong. Tel 2921 8323