It is not quite spring without a statement print.
Instead of romantic florals, the paisley print has caught the eyes of the fashion pack for Spring/ Summer 2012. Ties and handkerchiefs aside, this aristocratic teardrop is making a comeback with mischief. Unlike its heritage, the new paisley this spring is not overwhelming with dense gold or silver opulence. Whether in bright bold colours or soft pastel it is playful and easy on the eyes.
At the sultan of prints, Emilio Pucci there is a bohemian gypsy vibe – large scaled paisley on silky jumpsuits and slip dresses in a mix of lime, teal, pink and cream. Raf Simons for Jil Sander has it updated into simple lined shapes with a splash of bold colours on fitted dresses and suits. Preen takes the paisley and mixes it with florals on cropped tops and pencil skirts.
Rather than being splashed all over, the print becomes a decorative element that complements the silhouette. Newcomer to womenswear – J.W. Anderson carries on with his paisley motif from Fall. But plays with a molecular amoebic twist, it is more separated and spaced out on white, which provides an instant update.
- We love the paisley collars from last season J.W. Anderson, so take on the accent with a little bow tie from Zara HK$179
- Never too many accessories for the phone – Paisley iPhone cover from Kate Spade HK$220
- Add a luxe touch to your spring outfit with a paisley print scarf from another house of prints – Etro HK$5820
- Channel the bohemian look with a paisley oversized top from Forever 21 HK$160
- Try the Jil Sander-esque body con dress by People Tree from ASOS HK$510
Where to Buy?
- Zara, Elements, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Tel: 2196 8970
- Kate Spade, Ocean Centre, Shop 236-237, Level 2, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. Tel: 2110 3555
- Etro, Shop 112-115, Level 2, Lee Gardens, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. Tel: 2907 3988
- Forever 21, Capitol Centre, No. 5-19 Jardine’s Bazaar, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. Tel: 2890 4791
By Nathalie Lun