White shoes are an outfit game changer. Both neutral and statement making they are the perfect addition to take your outfit from drab to fab while still providing a versatile platform from which to mix and match. The all-white trend seen at the AW13 shows has shown no sign of waning with the colour taking center stage in footwear for the SS14 season.
The classic hue was seen at Prabal Gurung, Victoria Beckham, Jenni Keyn and Alexander Wang in every style from strappy flats to chunky ankle boots, and on the stylish feet of everyone from actress Sarah Jessica Parker to model Kate Moss.
White is the go to colour for an instant wardrobe update and a fresh and exciting way to highlight the upcoming seasons bright colour palette and vibrant patterns. Being such a versatile colour it fits into a working wardrobe effortlessly and is a fun way to ease oneself out of the dark winter fashion months.
How to Wear
Work with proportion. If your shoe is chunky, simplify your outfit. Pair them with a pair of neutral coloured skinny trousers or pencil skirt and a boxy t-shirt in a solid colour. Add a chunky neckpiece or earrings to balance the aesthetic. If you prefer a more elegant shoe such as a stiletto or strappy sandal be bold with pattern, colour and silhouette. A wide, high-waisted skirt paired with a brightly coloured blouse and a statement shoe is the perfect outfit to take you from office to after work drinks. For a more casual weekend friendly take on the trend, wear white sandals with a bright blazer, neutral t-shirt and tailored shorts or cigarette leg pants.
Where to buy?
- Aalis 2/F, 31 Yiu Wa Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. Tel: 9022 2069
- Givenchy, Shop 142, Level 1, Ocean Centre, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. Tel:2735 2361
- Givenchy, The Landmark, 15 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong. Tel: 3695 3388
- Topshop, Asia Standard Tower, 56-65 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong. Tel: 2118 5383
- Lane Crawford, podium 3, ifc mall, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong. Tel: 2118 3388
- Lane Crawford, 3 Canton Road Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. Tel: 2118 3428