In celebration of its 40th anniversary in Asia, Sotheby’s will host the Hong Kong Important Watches Autumn Sale 2013, bringing together the finest and rarest of modern timepieces like Patek Philippe’s Bejewelled Grand Complications and creations of independent watchmakers like Richard Mille’s “Rafael Nadal” tourbillion. The sale will offer approximately 500 lots and is estimated to achieve in excess of HK$112 million, the highest pre-sale estimate of the category at Sotheby’s Hong Kong.
Says Charles Tearle, Head of Watches, Sotheby’s Asia, “ We believe this diverse array of fresh and important timepieces will offer an excellent buying opportunity for collectors worldwide.”
The sale will also highlight Magnificent Clocks From An Important Private Collection – Part II, following the success of the first installment in April 2013.
Highlights of the watches sale include:
- Patek Philippe Grand Complications Wristwatch – Circa 2013 (estimate: HK$5.5 – 6 million)
- Richard Mille “Rafael Nadal” Tourbillon Wristwatch – Circa 2011 (estimate: HK$2.5 – 3.5 million)
- Vacheron Constatin Tourbillon Wristwatch – Circa 2010 (estimate: HK$3.2 – 4.8 million)
- Date: 8 October 2013
- Time: 10:30am
- Venue: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Expo Dr, Hong Kong
- To register: www.sothebys.com