The L’ÉCOLE Van Cleef & Arpels is back in Hong Kong for the 2nd year and will be running a series of Jewellery and Watchmaking workshops between 4 – 14 March at the creative hub of PMQ, Central.
L’École Van Cleef & Arpels was founded in February 2012 by luxury jewellery Maison aimed at teaching the fine art of haute joaillerie and watchmaking for those wanting to learn about the heritage of the brand and techniques employed in their jewellery and watchmaking.
The school is offering a two-week program with 10 courses in total based around three themes – Savoir-Faire, Art History of Jewelry and the Universe of Gemstones taught by a staff of art and jewellery historians, craftsmen, jewellers, gemologists and master watchmakers. Students will have hands-on experiences and can choose from different courses varying from learning techniques for creating jewels to learning about the symbolic meanings of gemstones.
Some of the courses offered:
- The Story of Talisman Jewels- learn the symbolic meaning gemstones
- Gemstones Investigation- training your eyes by a the gemologist
- Entering the Van Cleef & Arpels Universe- discover the History of Van Cleef & Arpels
- Discover the Jeweler’s Gestures- discover how to create a jewelry pieces by using modern day techniques
- Explore and Create 1: From Design to Mock Up- learn the first steps to creating a jewel
Date: 4 – 14 March 2016
Venue: The Qube, PMQ, 35 Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong
Time: Various times
Course Price: From HKD$3,300 – HKD$6,200
Course Registration: hk.lecolevancleefarpels.com/registration