We think that Hong Kong is becoming a creative hub and continue to look to discover the many designers in this city. This week, we bring you our top 10 jewellery designers to know. One of our selection criteria was that these jewellery designers are based in Hong Kong, we are such an international city after all and its the mix of different cultural background, sense of aesthetics that usually result in creativity and variety. We selected jewellery designers who are pushing the creative boundaries with their original work but is also commercially viable (making jewellery that consumers want) while maintaining a high standard of workmanship and quality.
- Available at www.ldezen.com
Dickson Yewn is a heritage jeweller that design jewellery that are influenced by Chinese culture, philosophy. His design can be described as intricate yet playfully with necklaces and rings featuring Chinese symbols of happiness and longevity. We love the ring with diamonds sat in a row that moves freely. Michelle Obama wears his jewellery. Prices start from HK$14,337 for rings and HK$17,437 for necklaces.
- Available at Shop 303, 3/F, The Landmark Atrium, Central, Hong Kong. www.yewn.com
Audrey Savransky, the designer for AS29 comes from the fourth generation of a diamond family in Antwerp. She makes jewellery for the anti-girly women with her fun and flirty contemporary diamonds jewellery line. AS29 jewellery pieces are distinct in their bold designs that makes a statement and features Audrey’s signature diamond micropave technique. Her jewellery are stocked at Harvey Nichols, Colette,Harrods and featured on magazines like Marie Claire USA and French Vogue. Prices start at HK$7,500 for rings and $37,000 for earrings.
- Available at Plukka, Shop 113-114, 1/F, The Landmark Atrium, Central, Hong Kong. www.as29.com
Hong Kong borned Nicholas Liu studied at Central St. Martins and graduated from the Royal College of Art in London. He went on to apprentice for designers such as Shaun Leane and Lara Bohinc and designed collection for the likes of Blanc de Chine, Shanghai Tang and Alexis Bittar. His Minimalist line features geomatric minimalist line where he only uses 18k gold, diamond and gemstones and the Maximalist is his fine jewellery line collection is inspired by nature.
- Available at www.nicholas-liu.com
Designing jewellery with an attitude is what Sophie Birgitt is all about. The look is minimalistic, geometrical and luxe. Sophie makes jewellery that stands out and plays with shapes. Inspired by her urban surroundings in Hong Kong, her jewellery feature lots of angular lines and strong geometrical shapes that are accented with precious stones. We love her geometrical pave set diamond earrings and rectangular rings.
- Available at Plukka, Shop 113-114, 1/F, Landmark Atrium, Hong Kong. www.sophiebirgitt.com
- Available at 270 Queen’s Road, Central, Sheung Wan, HongKong. www.candiceluk.com
- Available at Unit S411, Block A, PMQ, 35 Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong. www.nomerajewellery.com
Bridget King started making jewellery as a student but her jewellery making project soon turned into a full time job. She makes fun, flirty fashionable jewellery in a variety of vibrant colors and shapes. We like her detachable gradient earings that come in three different sizes. Bridget prides herself on creating quality products, involving herself with every part of the company, from design to manufacturing. Prices start from HK$ 990 for necklaces and HK$837 for rings.
- Available at www.brigettajewellery.com
Niin makes statement jewellery pieces from raw unpolished gemstones and shells in their natural state. Each of her jewellery piece are made from recycled or sustainable materials and she tend not alter the natural state of the gemstone but chooses to present them in the best possible way in its raw form. Some of the pieces we like include the droplet pendant necklaces and cuffs with oversized stones. Prices start from HK$650 for earrings and HK$1500 for necklaces.
- Availble at Shop E (entrance on Pound Lane), 200 Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong. www.niinstyle.com
Obellery is a Contemporary Jewellery Studio founded in 2014 by Hugo Yeung and Belinda Chang. Their studio is located in PMQ and carries contemporary jewellery from 8 different artists. At Obellery, you can find modern trendy designs like the gold pod necklace, raw unpolished gemstone and gold necklaces with pearls. Each piece is made to order and requires 3 weeks to complete. Prices start from HK$850 for earrings and HK&1480 for rings.
- Available at Unit H11, 3/F, PMQ, 35 Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong www.obellery.com
- Available at www.catpreston.com
- Available at Lane Crawford, Podium 3, ifc mall, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong www.taarajewelry.com
- Available at The Refinery, Unit S410, PMQ, 35 Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong. www.madegrey.com
- Available at www.coneynco.com