Le Dîner en Blanc is an invite-only secret annual dinner party scheduled on 5 December at a secret location, Guests are given a meeting point on 5 December and escorted to the location by transport arranged by Le Dîner en Blanc. The event translates into “White Dinner” meaning it’s a white themed dinner party, so guests must dress in strictly all white and the venue is covered in white decor. Like a DIY dinner party, guests bring their own table, chairs, cutlery and food (however you can order food from Le Dîner en Blanc website for an additional cost). We can’t wait to enjoy a great evening with some friends dressed in white and surrounded by white decorations and white white helium balloons – how beautiful! Sparklers are given at the end of the night to announce the start of mingling; there’s also a DJ, live band and other surprises to keep guests entertained!
Founded in 1988 by François Pasquier in Paris, Le Dîner en Blanc began with only 200 people and now has grown to be an international phenomenon, hosting between 10,000 to 15,000 guests each year in major cities like New York, London, Madrid and for the first time ever, Hong Kong.
Le Dîner en Blanc is a members only organisation so to buy tickets, guest must receive an invitation from an existing member. However, if you don’t know anyone, you can sign up online to the waiting list, but keep in mind, there’s a long waiting list.
- Food: Must be stored in a white bag or a picnic basket covered in white cloth. Guests must bring 2 course meal like a cold main course followed by dessert. However, you can order food from Le Dîner en Blanc website for an additional cost if you don’t want to bring your own food.
- Drinks: Water, non-alcoholic drinks, wine and champaign (beer and hard liquor are prohibited)
- 1 folding table 24” to 32” x 32” (60cm to 80cm x 80 cm)
- White cloth
- 2 white chairs
- White dinnerware (no plastic or paper cutlery)
- Glassware for wine or champaign.
- 1 bin bag
- Date: 5 December 6:15pm- 11:20pm
- Dress code: All white and elegant. No ivory or creams allowed. T-shirts, shorts and trainers are prohibited.
- Locations: Guests are given a meeting point on 5 December and escorted to the secret location by transport arranged by Le Dîner en Blanc.
To win 2 tickets to the Le Dîner en Blanc on 5 December (Saturday). 1 ticket admits 2 people.