Back again for the third time from 30 April to 4 May, The Salento International Film Festival (SIFF) will take place at The Grand Cinema in Hong Kong. Founded in 2004 by Luigi Campanile, SIFF celebrates film and filmmakers, and promotes international independent cinema. It is a major cultural event and one the top film festivals in Southern Italy.
During the five-day event, SIFF will bring a selection of films from the festival from different countries. Tickets are available for sale now at HK$80 for adults, HK$60 for students and children, and HK$55 for seniors. Citizen Grand Members and selected credit cards from Standard Chartered Bank & Manhattan, DBS and HSBC are eligible for 20% discount. Purchases are available at the cinema box office and online at www.thegrandcinema.com.hk.
- What is Left, directed by Laszlo Barbo
- Diary of a Respectable Lunatic, directed by Michele Picchi
- A Godfather in the Living Room, directed by Luca Miniero
- Nai River, directed by Bin Luo
- Love Struck, directed by Mikel Aguirresarobe
Tickets for the following short films are charged at HK$40 for adults and HK$30 for students, seniors and children:
- White Shoe, directed by Mauro Borrelli inspired by Salvatore Ferragamo’s early life
- Door God, directed by Yiulin Liu
30 April to 4 May
The Grand Cinema
2/F, Elements, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Tel: 2196 8170
Photo credits: The Salento International Film Festival