Scent works like memory – the Maison Martin Margiela Smells Like Memories Exhibition calls upon us to remember specific moments in time. Obscura Magazine, in celebration of the expansion of the REPLICA fragrance line by Maison Martin Margiela, have invited five photographers from Hong Kong and Japan to explore and create their own interpretations of the memories associated with the power of scent and inspired by the following 6 fragrances:
- Beach Walk. Calvi 1972. sunkissed salty skin.
- Flower Market. Paris 2011. crisp petal freshness.
- Funfair Evening. Santa Monica 1994. sweet and mellow delight.
- Lazy Sunday Morning. Florence 2003. soft skin and bed linen.
- Promenade in the Gardens. Oxfordshire 1986. shaded and flowered paths.
- Jazz Club. Brooklyn 2013. heady cocktails and cigars.
- Dates: Saturday 5th April – Sunday 13th April 2014
- Venue: Amelia Johnson Contemporary, 6-10 Shin Hing Street, Central, Hong Kong. Tel: 2881 6050