Best dresses at the CFDA.
The CFDA Fashion Awards are the Oscars of the fashion world. The annual ceremony held earlier this June is one of the hottest tickets for fashionistas. The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) dishes out awards for “Designer of the Year” in different categories ranging from womenswear, menswear and accessories. The prize to watch however is the Swarovski Emerging Talent Award; this year’s winner for womenswear is Jason Wu. Richard Chai won the menswear prize and Alexander Wang won the award for accessories. These are the guys to watch!
Designers, actress, models and industry bigwigs attended the 2010 CFDA Fashion Awards at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center in New York City. Our favourite looks from the fashion red carpet include Vogue’s Anna Wintour and model/actress Devon Aoki who wore a Zac Posen dress as well as Rachel Weisz who wore a Jason Wu dress.
2010 CFDA winners:
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Marc Jacobs
- Menswear Desiger of the Year: David Neville and Marcus Wainwright for Rag & Bone
- Accessories Designer of the Year: Alexis Bittar
- International Designer of the Year : Christopher Bailey
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Michael Kor