Hong Kong Fashion Week organised by HKTDC kicked off in a big way this year. With over 1800 exhibitors from around the world taking part, the four-day fair has a jam-packed lined up of events at the Convention Center mostly for members of the trade all the way to consumer centric events with shopping malls like Time Square and a host of Hong Kong’s fashion stores taking part.
Some of the highlights include:
Held at the HKCEC, this previously trade only exhibition features 660 local and international brands with Shanghai Tang, Aquascutum, Marccain and Zalora having a presence. This year there is a public day where from 9.30am – 5pm on 22 January, the public is invited to attend. Activities planned include – Swing 60’s and 90’s Vintage Fashion Parade, Fashion Upcycling Demo, M.A.C makeup demo by makeup artist Ryuko Lau and Metro Radio providing entertainment throughout the day.
There are over 30 fashion shows lined up during the 4 day event. The big ones are –
Trade + by invitation
- 19 Jan, 7-7.40pm, Hall 3FG, HKCEC – Hong Kong Fashion Extravanganza 2015 presented by Audi Hong Kong
- 20 Jan, 5- 6.30pm, Hall 3FG, HKCEC – Hong Kong Young Fashion Designer Contest 2015 with H&M Creative Advisor Margareta van den Bosch
- 21 Jan, 5-5.30pm, Hall 3FG, HKCEC – EcoChic Design Award by Redress
- 22 Jan, 11am-11.15am, Hall 3FG, HKCEC – I.T, izzue, 5cm, mini cream, Jessica, Aquascutum
- 22 Jan, 12-12.30pm, Hall 3FG, HKCEC- M.A.C Makeup demo by Ryuko Lau
- 22 Jan, 1-1.45pm, Hall 3FG, HKCEC Swinging 60’s and 90’s Vintage Fashion Party
- 22 Jan, 3.30-4.30pm, Grand Foyer, HKCEC- Shanghai Tang House Show
A city-wide “Hong Kong In Fashion 2015” promotion to put the spotlight on Hong Kong’s design talents and raise the profile of the Fashion Week. Check out store discounts, workshops, displays and exhibitions at various venues across Hong Kong at http://hkinfashion.hktdc.com.