Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana (CNMI) announced the first Green Carpet Fashion Awards, putting sustainability at the heart of fashion. The award was held in collaboration with Eco-Age with the support of Ministero dello Sviluppo Economico (MISE) and Comune di Milano.
Italy’s top designers, luxury design houses, innovative companies and emerging designers came together for the first time to celebrate and recognise the environmental and social sustainable efforts in the industry. Held at La Scala on 24 September 2017, the star studded fashion event had musician, actors, models, fashion editors like Colin Flirt, Annie Lennox, Anna Wintour, Naomi Campbell present 12 awards to winners in recognition for their work and commitment to sustainability. Gisele Bündchen won the first-ever Eco Laureate award for her work in promoting environmental causes and solutions like the preservation of the Amazon biome in the native Brazil.
Other winners of The Green Carpet Award:
- Brunello Cuccinelli for Community and Social Justice Award
- The Seamstress of Maison Valentino for The Art of Craftsmanship
- Tom Ford for Best International Designer Supporting Made in Italy
- Orange Fiber and New Life for the Technology and Innovation Award
- Gucci for the Supply Chain Innovation Award
- Zegna for the Eco Stewardship Award
- Tiziano Guardini for the Franca Sozzani GCC Award for Best Emerging Designer
- Taroni for the Sustainable Producer Award
- Chiara Vigo for The Artisanal Laureate Award
- Ilaria Venturini Fendi for The Social Laureate Award
- Giorgio Armani, Miuccia Prada, Pierpaolo Piccioli and Alessandro Michele for the CNMI Recognition of Sustainability Award