Playsuits and jumpsuits are the ultimate one-piece to wear this summer. Call them the onesies or one-piece wonders, playsuits a.k.a. rompers and their leggier cousins, jumpsuits, are primed to be our best buddies for summer. We like the fun-sounding names to begin with. But, of course, our affection towards this warm weather staple doesn’t end there. Just look at the spring/summer 2013 catwalks of Fendi, Lanvin and Jason Wu and see what we mean?
Getting ready and out the door couldn’t be easier and quicker than throwing on either one of these options. It’s really one article of clothing that doesn’t call for coordinating separates. That, and you look put-together in an instant. We think it’s a no-brainer. It’s your ticket to a fuss-free, breezy summer style.
We suggest going for light fabrics like silk, jersey, chiffon or satin with slouchier or flowy silhouettes for maximum chic and comfort. Try out playsuits for a girl-next-door look. All-over prints and patterns are fun to experiment with and easier to pull off in this length. Jumpsuits tend to be trickier and more dramatic. So stick to block colours and a flattering cut with a cinched-in waistline and pair that with heels or wedges for a flirty lift.
Check out some of our favourites here:
1. ASOS playsuit in spot and stripe, HK$376.68 – www.asos.com
2. DV By Dolce Vita hanley chiffon romper, HK$938.62 (after conversion) – www.urbanoutfitters.com
3. Kimchi Blue dorothy gingham romper, HK$232.64 – www.urbanoutfitters.com
4. ASOS jumpsuit with utility detailing, HK$739.92 – www.asos.com
5. Aqua jagger jumpsuit with bodice top, HK$1,950.65 – www.asos.com
6. Zara baggy jumpsuit with crossover neckline, HK$699 – www.zara.com