Hermes channels World War aviators.
Hermes fall and winter looks were inspired by World War aviator outfits with models wearing headgear and goggles. It was aviator chic all the way, punctuated with multiple propellers on the runways and a Casablanca soundtrack.
Fitted bomber jackets were all the rage, feminized by purple crocodile skin and luxurious fur collars. These were paired with no-nonsense fitted pants and slipped into flat suede boots. Other looks that celebrated the forties were oxford heels, mink gilets, scarves, and of course, the utilitarian jumpsuit, vamped up in leather. There were lots of grays, black and browns to complement the purple in Hermes’ fall collection.
All in all, a collection that epitomized masculinity and toughness delivered in luxurious material and stern cuts.
- Bomber jackets in leather and exotic skins
- Flat, suede boots and oxfords
- dark, moody colors such as purple, gray, brown and black
Items we love:
- Oxford in Alligator, Lizards and Ostrich Skins- HK$ 50,900
- Finish Carre 70 in “Vintage Silk”- HK$ 2,600
Where to Buy?
- Hermes boutique at G07/09 The Galleria, 9 Queen’s Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Shop354, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong.