Chanel returns to Coco’s vision of design for next year.
Karl Lagerfeld, taking cues from old school Chanel designs, creates a spring collection that is classic and modern at the same time. The fitted Chanel suit goes under Lagerfeld’s talented scalpel and emerges more fitted, with wide shoulders and a little bit belly exposing. Criss-crossing halters get embellished with pearls on chains and the skirt-suits get softened by cropped jackets in sweet fabrics and prints.
In Karl Lagerfeld’s spring vision the prim and proper lady has taken a wild romp and emerged a little undone. Exposed hems and messy updo’s are the look du jour. The glamorous evening wear in this collection takes a surprisingly fairy tale turn. This is a fantastic, dreamy collection by a legendary designer, and it deserves your full attention.
• An overall black and white color palette with splashes of pastels
• Bowties and Windsor knots make an appearance in a nod to the menswear trend
• Ruffles, bows and pleats are still going strong for spring
• Hats, with a bit of a funereal twist, are sky-high and avant-garde
• Ankle boots in black and white patterns are a chic touch
• Elaborate, oversized necklaces
Looks We Love:
Bags We Crave:
Images courtesy: Style.com