Swap your carryalls for fashion-forward mini messengers. While roomy totes and oversized carryalls will always have their place in our hearts, we’ve taken to the mini bag craze of late. We’ve had enough of carting around excess baggage at times, which by the way, doesn’t do our back any favours. A mini bag is perfect for occasions like music fests, evenings out or even work functions, when you can keep the load light. It forces you to cut through the clutter and downsize to what’s really, really essential (cell phone, credit cards, keys and a lippie). How’s that for minimalist?
But of course, this trend has our approval for its huge fashion appeal. We’re smitten with these cute little darlings –satchels and cross-bodies in long straps– that come in fashion-forward styles and colours. Some literally are miniature versions of iconic bags we covet or already have in our rotation (a Balenciaga Classic City or Saint Laurent Cabas Y-Ligne tote). Better yet, the dainty size packs an even more chic, fresh and polished punch.
If you’re sold on mini bags like us, shop the trend with some of our favourite picks here.
1. Nastygal radiant city bag, HK$449.96 – www.nastygal.com
2. Balenciaga classic mini city bag, HK$10303.84 – www.neimanmarcus.com
3. Proenza Schouler ps11 mini classic leather bag, HK$14,500 – www.luisaviaroma.com
4. Ann Taylor perforated leather mini bag, HK$1501.65 – www.anntaylor.com
5. Saint Laurent y-ligne cabas mini bag, HK$19,606.50 – www.neimanmarcus.com
6. Accessorize mini glam x body, HK$128 (after conversion) – www.accessorize.com