Throw a backpack on. This trend is back in a big way.
Backpacks have made a fashionable comeback. Other than being spotted on the spring/summer 2013 runways of Versus, Hermes and DKNY, the backpack also appeared on countless street style snaps. It’s definitely a staple accessory to own right now and we’re saying yay to this 90s sartorial revival!
Though the mere mention of backpacks had us reminiscing our school-going days, the trend is far from that old school style. It’s very practical yet chic and not-at-all geeky so long as you pull-off the effortless, model off-duty look (i.e. wear it slouchy on your back but not too low or carry on one shoulder with a carefree attitude).
Style wise, we love how versatile the backpack can be: funky, edgy, cute or girly. It’s not just for a fun, casual day out, if that’s what you’re thinking. We’re currently obsessed with high-end offerings. Think minimalist, luxe leather options to spruce up plain ensembles and that can actually work for work (well, who knew?).
Shop the trend with our favourite picks:
1. Nastygal weekend love backpack, HK$682.70 – www.nastygal.com
2. Aldo multi-ciaradullo floral canvas backpack, HK$181.62- www.asos.com
3. Nastygal Valley Girl studded backpack, HK$682.70 – www.nastygal.com
4. Tory Burch pierson backpack, HK$2,351.46 – www.shopbop.com
5. Topshop embossed leather backpack, HK$887 – www.topshop.com
6. The Row leather backpack, HK$31,142.71 – www.net-a-porter.com
7. Marni leather backpack, HK$12,700 – www.luisaviaroma.com
8. Victoria’s Secret studded backpack, HK$420 – www.victoriassecret.com