If you know Gucci, then you must know the iconic Bamboo. This season, Gucci reinterprets the hallmark with two new bag styles – the elegant Lady Lock and the functional Bamboo Shopper.
Designed by Creative Director Frida Giannini, the Lady Lock highlights two Gucci signatures – a bamboo top handle and a luggage-style lock closure uncovered from the Gucci archives. Its slightly curved silhouette gives it a feminine and vintage appeal. Available in three sizes, the bag showcases a colour palette including turquoise, purple wine, rust, moss green and black on materials like crocodile, python, ostrich, calfskin and satin.
Gucci Bamboo Lady Lock Peonia Satin
For a roomy tote to bring everywhere, the Bamboo Shopper features a pair of curved bamboo handles and an adjustable shoulder sling. It is available in various finishes, sizes and colours that include dark red, light blue and an exotic printed jaguar or python.
Gucci Bamboo Shopper Black
Gucci Bamboo Shopper Leopard
Both bags star in a new Gucci campaign, Bamboo Confidential, which can be viewed on Gucci’s Youtube channel. Watch the video and see if you can spot the bags.
- Gucci Bamboo Lady Lock Black Leather, HK$23,900
- Gucci Bamboo Lady Lock Peonia Satin, HK$18,200
- Gucci Bamboo Shopper Black, HK$19,900
- Gucci Bamboo Shopper Leopard, HK$26,500
Where to buy?
- Shop G23-30, The Landmark, 15 Queen’s Road Central, Central, Hong Kong. Tel: 2524 4492
- Shop 368, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong. Tel: 2524 0412
Photo credit: Gucci