Media shy and infamously independent, Azzedine Alaïa is one of the world’s most respected legendary designers. Tunisian by birth and Parisian by heart, he is a master at creating clothes that would never go out of fashion, always with impeccable cut, both classic and audacious at the same time. Whether it is a tight or twirling dresses, laser-cut corsets, dresses in leathers and jerseys with interesting zipper details, he expresses his talent with a master’s virtuosity through a gripping contrast between architectural precision and voluptuous refinement. A timeless artisan and a fashion genius, Monsieur Alaïa does not design for a season, but for the body. Alaïa redraws the female body, magnifying it as if it were an antique sculpture, insisting on the sensuality of curves, he reveals the power of shapes, giving the woman a new status, that of a goddess of modern times.
Alaïa is worn and adored by super models and celebrities such as Naomi Campbell, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Michelle Obama. These powerful female models are the epitome of the Alaïa-woman, she is active, adventurous, trendy, feminine, elegant, exultant, self-confident, and the clothes she wears are an extension of these qualities.
Alaïa Paris, The first fragrance
Azzedine Alaïa’s quest for perfection and uncompromising attitude to design extends to his first fragrance. Resolutely modern and timeless, the Eau de Parfum Alaïa Paris is a creation with both cool and warm notes: a fresh impression that meets a bare-skin accord from animal and musky notes. The bottle is a work of art, an artcraft with a body of translucent black glass and adorned with the emblematic pattern, the famous Alaïa laser-cut. The fragrance itself is like all his design, it lasts through time. Alaïa Paris is a tribute to the sensuality of women – a symbol of the modern goddess.
- ALAÏA Paris Eau De Parfum 30ml, HK$460
- ALAÏA Paris Eau De Parfum 50ml, HK$690
- ALAÏA Paris Eau De Parfum90ml, HK$950
- ALAÏA Paris Body Lotion 200ml, HK$350
- ALAÏA Paris Shower Gel 200ml, HK$320
- Lane Crawford, Podium 3, ifc mall, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong. Tel: 2118 3388
- Lane Crawford, G/F-1/F, Times Square, 1 Matheson St, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. Tel: 2118 2288
- Lane Crawford, Harbour City, 3-37 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. Tel: 2118 1111